Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My cohorts in the Ontario Regional thread and I go on an Apple Run in the Fall and we come away loaded with apples, and a few recipes... Everyone loves apples, and better still when this love is translated into a tasty appetizer.
- 8 ounces brie cheese, round
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons brandy or 3 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped toasted
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 French bread, baguette
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For the Crostini: Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut 20 X 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices from a french bread baguette.
- Brush one side of the slices with melted unsalted, butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in 425 degree oven for 6 - 8 minutes or until crisp and light brown.
- For the Brie: Oven temperature 350°F.
- Place Brie in an oven proof container.
- Bake 350 F oven about 15 minutes, or until warm and soft, but not runny.
- Stir together brown sugar, maple syrup and brandy or rum in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour over softened Brie.
- Serve immediatey with Cinnamon Crostini and apple slices.