Recipe by internetnut
My family was not crazy over this recipe. When I made this recipe I used sugar free Log Cabin syrup. I couldn't find my springform pan so I couldn't use my turbo cooker, so I added some oatmeal and put this in the oven for 20 minutes. This turned out real dense with no taste. I will try this again but with some Splenda for baking added to the batter. I got this recipe from Turbo cooking at Yahoo Groups.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- GET TURBO READY:.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix the egg, milk, maple.
- syrup and melted butter. Add the egg mix to the dry ingredients, mix well.
- Pour the entire mix into the spring form pan and set it on the wire rack.
- LET'S START TURBO COOKING!
- Put 1-1/2 Cups water in TC base. Cook on High for 5 minutes, vent closed.
- Add another 1-1/2 cups water to base, cook 5 minutes on medium heat,.
- vent closed.
- Add 1-1/2 cups water to base, cook 10 minutes on medium heat, vent.
- VARIATIONS: Add sliced banana to top or mix in blueberries before cooking.