Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Maple Season is upon us! I got this from a local paper called the Seaway News, March 23rd edition from the Carol Kloos Country Cooking Corner
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup bran flakes, lightly crushed
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts or 1⁄3 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease muffin tins or line with paper.
- Combine syrup, sour cream and eggs.
- Combine flour and baking soda and mix into syrup mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake 15-20 minutes in center of oven.
Wonderful! Oh these are so yummy! Warring these muffins are addicting. These were moist and had a outstanding maple, nut flavor. They went so well with Spiced Christmas Coffee and Spinach and Feta Omelet (Ww) to make the tastiest of breakfast. Thanks for the post.
Another automatic 5 star review. DD loved these dipped in more maple syrup :) DH and I liked these too. They are very moist so be careful to bake long enough. I used raisin bran instead of it seperatly and I used egg beaters instead of eggs.
These were very easy to put together and they tasted great! I was a bit concerned when I added the wet ingredients to the dry, it looked really wet and thin, but the batter baked up into a moist bran muffin. The maple syrup adds just the right amout of sweetnes, I for sure am going to be making these again.