Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
Tasty maple muffins with the added benefit of bran. These are wonderful to wake up to and a great pick me up throughout the day. Easy to make and so worth it!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a jumbo 6-muffin tin and set aside. Put the flour and baking soda into a medium-size bowl.
- Add the bran flakes, raisins and walnuts. Combine the maple syrup, sour cream and eggs in a small bowl; add to the dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Fill the muffin cups with the mixture.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown.
- Mix melted butter and maple syrup, brush over warm muffins, dust with confectionary sugar.
excellent! Thank you again for this great recipe BirdyBaker!!