Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I use the dark non stick pans. If you are using lighter pans, you may want to lightly 'pam' your cookie sheets. I use two large sheets, but 2 small sheets can fit on each rack. I like to make big batches, so they last a little longer, plus I have 2 dogs, and they like to do tricks and beg a lot!
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon artificial maple extract
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups fiber 1 cereal (or All Bran cereal)
- 1⁄2 cup natural bran
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup 7 grain cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, approx
- In large mixing bowl, with a dough hook, mix all ingredients, EXCEPT the flour Mix well add flour gradually until dough is stiff enough to handle.
- Roll into small balls (for large balls cooking times will be listed differently).
- place on cookie sheets preheat oven to 300 f flatten balls slightly with bottom of glass or a finger.
- Place lowest oven rack ABOVE middle oven rack For small biscuits bake for 90 minutes, turning over half way through and placing cookie sheets on alternate racks.
- For LARGER biscuits, cook as above, then lower oven temperature to 225 f for another hour.
- To test for doneness, take one out, let cool, break in half and it should be hard and crisp like a milk bone.
- when done, remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheets, store in air tight containers.