Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Bon Appetit, November 2010. Recipe by Diane Morgan.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash, cut lengthwise in half, peeled, seeded, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or more)
- Melt butter in heavy large deep skillet over high heat. Add squash; sauté 1 minute. Add broth, syrup, thyme, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook until squash is almost tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer squash to large bowl. Boil liquid in skillet until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Return squash to skillet. Cook until tender, turning occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with more pepper, if desired.