Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 1 (6 -8 lb) fully cooked bone-in spiral-sliced ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Make the glaze: stir all glaze ingredients together in a bowl until blended; set aside (can be made ahead of time and stored in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks).
- Preheat oven to 300°; line a large roasting pan with foil or a silicone baking liner.
- Remove ham from its packaging and drain off any juices.
- Place ham in prepared pan, flat side down, making sure to remove the little plastic disk covering the bone, and cover the ham and pan completely with foil.
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center reads 120°, about 2 ½ hours.
- Increase oven temperature to 400° and remove the foil covering from the pan.
- Pour the glaze over the ham and bake uncovered, basting every 10 minutes with the pan juices, until the glaze is set, another 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Serve the ham drizzled with any remaining glaze/pan drippings.