1 hr 5 mins
A favorite fall lunch box treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (plus additional for the pan)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature (plus additional for the pan)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Position the rack in the lower third of the oven; preheat oven to 3 50°; butter a 9-inch square pan; set aside.
- 2In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined; set aside.
- 3In a big bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed; continue beating until smooth and thick, about 6 minutes.
- 4Beat in the maple syrup until uniform; beat in the eggs one at a time, allowing the first to be thoroughly incorporated before adding the second.
- 5Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- 6After beating in the second egg for 1 minute, beat in the vanilla.
- 7With a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir in first the chocolate chips, then the flour mixture, just until incorporated (do not beat, although the batter will be quite sticky).
- 8Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading it gently to the corners.
- 9Bake for 35 minutes, or until the top is light and brown and a pick comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- 10Place pan on a wire rack to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- 11Cut blondies into 16 squares while still in the pan.
- 12Carefully remove them with an offset spatula.
- 13Serve immediately, or let cool completely before covering with plastic wrap for storage at room temperature.
- 14**May add one or more of the following spices to the flour mixture: 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ t. grated nutmeg, ½ t. ground cloves.
- 15**May double the amount of semisweet chocolate chips or substitute butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, or white chocolate chips for the semisweet chocolate chips.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Blondies
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.1
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 105.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g