1/1 Photo of Maple Berry Pudding Cake
I played with a King Arthur flour recipe and got this tasty delight. YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (I used the latter) or 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend (I used the latter)
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup dark amber maple syrup, grade B
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 teaspoon maple flavoring (extract)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2First Layer:.
- 3Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- 4MIx together milk, syrup, egg, vanilla, maple flavor and melted butter in a medium bowl.
- 5Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients, stirring until evenly moistened.
- 6Stir in berries and spread batter into an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.
- 7Second Layer:.
- 8Combine brown sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a bowl until thoroughly mixed. Sprinkle over the top of first layer.
- 9Place pan on middle rack in heated oven and slowly pour hot water over the batter.
- 10Bake for 45 minutes.
- 11*During baking the cake layer will rise to the top and a thin pudding layer will settle on the bottom.
- 12Remove from oven and serve warm from the pan with Cool Whip Lite, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Berry Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.9 mg
- Sodium 173.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 41.9 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen mixed berries