Recipe by WI Cheesehead
I think this was either from a magazine or the paper :). Prep time includes marinating overnight. You could marinate for 8 hours during the day.
Top Review by KelBel
Made this with chicken as an addition to a Chinese dinner. This marinade tastes very close to the teriyaki flavor you get at a Chinese restaurant. Very simple and tastey. Will make this again!
- 59.14 ml pure maple syrup
- 59.14 ml tamari or 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 907.18 g beef sirloin steaks, sliced across the grain into 1/4-in strips
- 1-2 sweet onion, cut into six sections
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix maple, tamari, veg and sesame oils, and five-spice in large non-reactive bowl.
- Add beef and toss well to coat meat.
- Cover and refrigerate over night; stir occasionally.
- Prepare grill or broiler to med-high heat.
- Drain beef and pat dry w/paper towels.
- Thread meat onto skewers alternately with the onion and bell pepper.
- Grill or broil, turning occasionally, about 6 min for med-rare. Makes about 12 skewers.