Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I think this was either from a magazine or the paper :). Prep time includes marinating overnight. You could marinate for 8 hours during the day.
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup tamari or 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 lbs beef sirloin steaks, sliced across the grain into 1/4-in strips
- 1 -2 sweet onion, cut into six sections
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into chunks
- Mix maple, tamari, veg and sesame oils, and five-spice in large non-reactive bowl.
- Add beef and toss well to coat meat.
- Cover and refrigerate over night; stir occasionally.
- Prepare grill or broiler to med-high heat.
- Drain beef and pat dry w/paper towels.
- Thread meat onto skewers alternately with the onion and bell pepper.
- Grill or broil, turning occasionally, about 6 min for med-rare. Makes about 12 skewers.
Made this with chicken as an addition to a Chinese dinner. This marinade tastes very close to the teriyaki flavor you get at a Chinese restaurant. Very simple and tastey. Will make this again!