Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on http://www.tasteofbbq.com. It is delicious on both pork and chicken and I look forward to trying it with salmon. I marinated the meat in this sauce for at least 8 hours and made sure to keep a fair amount of sauce on the meat while grilling on the BBQ. The only changes I made were to omit both the dijon and allspice.
- 1 cup tomato sauce or 1 cup ketchup
- 5 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon hickory liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a gentle boil then reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring often.