Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a Southern Living cookbooklet. Super tasty. Super easy, and super addicting.
Make and share this Maple-barbecued Chicken Drumsticks recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Crisco cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 12 chicken drumsticks (About 3 Pounds)
- Bring first 7 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring often, 6 minutes. Remove 1/4 cup chili sauce mixture; brush evenly on drumsticks. Reserve remaining mixture for basting.
- Prepare a hot fire by piling up charcoal on one side of grill, leaving other side empty. (For gas grills, light only one side, heating to 400° to 500°.) Arrange drumsticks on food grate on unlit side.
- Grill drumsticks, covered with grill lid, 1 hour or until chicken is done, turning once and basting with remaining chili sauce mixture every 15 minutes.
Made these for my hubby, I'm not fond of wings or drumsticks. He liked them a lot, said he would like a little more heat next time. I made mine in the oven, covered tight with foil in a rectangular roasting pan. I also added sliced yellow onions on top which were a nice addition, basting halfway through cooking time. Uncovered and baked about 10 minutes longer so they would get a little sticky, thanks for sharing!
These were really good and easy to make. I made these for freezer tag 2008. I put the first 7 ingredients in a freezer bag, closed and swished everything together. I then added the drumsticks, sealed and froze. The day before making, I pulled and let them thaw in the fridge. I dumped all in a pan and cooked them on the grill for an hour. They were so good. Loved the sauce. Will be making again.
AWSOME!!! Tried it on the grill and in the oven and both turned out perfect. The Fam loved it!!!