Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Perfect for summer! Cooking time does NOT include the marinating time.
Make and share this Maple Barbecued Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 5 whole chicken breasts, with skin and bone,halved
- 10 chicken thighs
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 10 chicken wings
For maple barbecue sauce
- 2 large onions, chopped fine
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup, plus
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- In a bowl whisk together the vinegar and the salt, add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the marinade until it is emulsified.
- Divide the chicken pieces between 2 large bowls (or large zip-lock bags), pour the marinade over them, and let the chicken marinate, covered and chilled, overnight.
- Grill the chicken on an oiled rack set about 4 inches over glowing coals for 10 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked through, baste it with some of the barbecue sauce, and grill it, turning it, for 2 minutes more.
- Serve the chicken with the remaining sauce.
- Make maple barbecue sauce:.
- In a large heavy saucepan combine the onions, the oil, the Worcestershire sauce, the mustard, the ketchup, the broth, the vinegar, and the syrup, bring the mixture to a boil, and simmer it, stirring occasionally, for 50 minutes, or until it is thickened.
- The sauce may be made 1 week in advance and kept covered and chilled.