Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From JoAnna M. Lund’s book, Cooking Healthy with Splenda. She says in the recipe’s intro, “What did we do before some clever inventor developed a sugar-free maple syrup? If you’re like many dieters, you ate your pancakes dry, or else poured on the sweet syrup you love and gobbled guilt with your food. Here’s a great way to enjoy the taste you love – and use up those old bananas!” Nutritional information per serving: 113 calories, 1 gm fat, 2 gm protein, 24 gm carbohydrate, 383 mg sodium, 79 mg calcium, 1 gm fiber.
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 354.88 ml reduced-fat baking mix
- 59.14 ml Splenda granular
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 158.51 ml banana, mashed (2 medium)
- 118.29 ml sugar-free maple syrup
- 29.58 ml nonfat sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Prepare a 9x5-inch glass loaf pan by spraying with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, Splenda, and baking powder. In a small bowl, combine mashed banana, maple syrup, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- Add banana mixture to baking mix mixture. Mix gently just to combine. Evenly spread batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place loaf pan on a wire rack and let set for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and continue cooling on wire rack. Cut into 8 slices.