Recipe by Tish
Posted per request for the community. This bread is not overly sweet, using maple syrup in place of regular sugar.
Top Review by DarksLight
I followed this recipe to the letter, It did not turn out like bread at all, I felt disappointed.I'll try this recipe at another time. Second time... not bad at all,will make again after buying a mixer :S
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add oil, syrup and egg yolks; stir well.
- Add milk and mashed bananas; stir well.
- Add chopped nuts and stir.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.