1 hr 5 mins
I made this bread for the first time today and it is so good! The addition of flax seed makes it a healthy treat, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Lightly butter a 9" x 5" loaf pan or coat with cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, using a fork, stir the flours with the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and ginger until blended.
- 4Stir in the ground flaxseed and the nuts.
- 5Make a well in the centre.
- 6In another mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs, then stir in the mashed bananas, syrup, oil and vanilla until blended.
- 7Pour into the well in the flour mixture.
- 8Stir just until evenly mixed.
- 9Immediately pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- 10Bake in the centre of the oven until a cake tester inserted in the centre right to the bottom comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- 11Let stand 5 minutes in the pan on a rack, then turn out on the rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple-Banana Bread With Flax
Serving Size: 1 (826 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.2
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 159.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g