Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From my files
Make and share this Maple Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons softened butter (thatÃ¢ s half a stick)
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (thatÃ¢ s 2-3 bananas)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract (it boosts the flavor of the syrup. If you donÃ¢ t have any, just use a splash of vanilla instead)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and butter a standard sized loaf pan.
- Beat the butter, maple syrup, egg, banana and vanilla together (it will be a lumpy slurry). In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Add them to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Add the pecans and mix until they’re integrated.
- Scrape the batter into the greased loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Use a skewer or toothpick to test for doneness.
- Eat warm from the pan. On the second day, it is best briefly toasted and buttered.