From my files
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons softened butter (thatÃ¢ s half a stick)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (thatÃ¢ s 2-3 bananas)
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract (it boosts the flavor of the syrup. If you donÃ¢ t have any, just use a splash of vanilla instead)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1Preheat over to 350 degrees and butter a standard sized loaf pan.
- 2Beat the butter, maple syrup, egg, banana and vanilla together (it will be a lumpy slurry). In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together.
- 3Add them to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Add the pecans and mix until they’re integrated.
- 4Scrape the batter into the greased loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Use a skewer or toothpick to test for doneness.
- 5Eat warm from the pan. On the second day, it is best briefly toasted and buttered.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (855 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2349.9
- Calories from Fat 903
- Total Fat 100.4 g
- Saturated Fat 35.9 g
- Cholesterol 333.6 mg
- Sodium 1887.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 342.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 41.4 g
- Sugars 127.9 g
- Protein 52.3 g