Recipe by jrobertfl
Salmon turns out delicious and moist every time!
Top Review by gemini08
I made this on an electric grill, what a perfect way to cook salmon! I added a little hot pepper jelly to the glaze and brushed only one side, I never even turned the fish around. After @ 9 minutes, it came out moist and delicious with a wonderful color! I am going to experiment also with shrimps and scallops as this glaze is fabulous!
- 20 ounces salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine maple syrup, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, shallot, salt and pepper.
- Heat maple syrup mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered, about 5 minutes, or until syrupy. Remove from heat ; stir in rosemary.
- Preheat broiler. Place fish on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan and brush with half of the glaze. Broil 6-7 inches from heat for 5 minutes. Turn fish over; brush with remaining glaze. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes more, or until fish begins to flake when tested with fork.