Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Two of my favorite flavors, Sweet Potatoes and Maple. The cooking time for the sweet potatoes is shortened by parboiling them and it also helps to keep them moist. Recipe is courtesy of Jacques Pepin
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced 1 1/2-inch thick (3 lbs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large saucepan, cover the sweet potato slices with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to moderate and cook until just tender. About 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Arrange potato slices in a large casserole. Season with salt and pepper and then dot with butter pieces. Drizzle potatoes with maple syrup, sprinkle with water and bake for 25 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. If necessary, you can broil the casserole for a minute or two before serving.
This was quite good - not too sweet, just yummy! I did add chopped pecans on the top and that added a little crunch, but other than that I followed exactly as written. Thanks for sharing a recipe that I'm sure we will enjoy time and time again!