Recipe by theAmateurPastryChef
From Vegan Planet. These came out so good, it was almost like a dessert. I altered the recipe a little due to ingredient availability in my fridge, but I liked how it came out.
Top Review by jnpj
These turned out delicious! I left out the shallots as I didn't have any on hand. The veggies were pretty sweet, but not excessively so. I found that they only needed to cook about 40 minutes, and they were very browned at that point. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!
- 1 carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 shallots, halved
- 3 medium sized parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place all veggies in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, maple syrup and salt.
- Transfer veggies to a large lightly oiled roasting pan or baking dish and bake until soft and caramelized on outside, about 1 hour, stirring gently every 20 minutes to ensure even browning.
- Serve hot.