Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Vegan Planet. These came out so good, it was almost like a dessert. I altered the recipe a little due to ingredient availability in my fridge, but I liked how it came out.
- 1 carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 shallots, halved
- 3 medium sized parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste
- kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place all veggies in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, maple syrup and salt.
- Transfer veggies to a large lightly oiled roasting pan or baking dish and bake until soft and caramelized on outside, about 1 hour, stirring gently every 20 minutes to ensure even browning.
- Serve hot.
These turned out delicious! I left out the shallots as I didn't have any on hand. The veggies were pretty sweet, but not excessively so. I found that they only needed to cook about 40 minutes, and they were very browned at that point. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!
Oh yum, this is a really great twist on baked veggies. The vegetables are a perfect match with the maple suyrup as they are naturally sweet roasted. The only change I made was to leave out the oil. Instead, I sprayed the pan with oilve oil spray. They carmalized up nicely. This is a keeper for sure. Thanks for posting!
Man, the flavor in this was awesome! I could have used a bit more maple syrup though. And the veggies didn't really caramelize, but they did get quite soft and tasty.