Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Each only 4 WW Points.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Stir together flour, salt and pepper. Dust chicken with flour mixture, patting off excess.
- Coat a large nonstick, ovenproof frying pan with Pam. Add chicken and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Stir together maple syrup, thyme and sage and pour over chicken. Lay onions over chicken and then pour chicken broth over all.
- Cover and bake 1 hour, basting occasionally with pan sauce.
This was so much better than I expected! The chicken was as moist as I've ever made it. And oh so yummy. Not too sweet at all. I even made a gravy out of the pan drippings for my mashed potatoes and that was a great bonus (ok, the gravy was a bit sweet, but still delicious). Very easy to make too. Oh, I should say that I skipped the breading and just browned the chicken really well before putting it in the oven. Also, I used real quality maple syrup (I live in Quebec, so it's plentiful and cheap here).
This chicken came out so moist and tasty!! My entire family loved it!! ( Didn't hurt that it had SYRUP in it!!) The breading has great flavor and the onions cook up so nice and mellow out- Thanks so much!!
This is a wonderful and delicious recipe and very easy to make! Great flavor! The sweetness from the maple was very subtle, and the chicken was very moist. My family loved it and I will be making this again often. Thanks for sharing this recipe!