Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another interesting way to serve squash. Fast and easy to prepare.
- 2 acorn squash (1 1/2 lb each)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 dash salt
- Cut each squash crosswise in half.
- Scoop out seeds and strings.
- Place squash halves (cavity side up) in large baking pan.
- Put 1/4 of remaining ingredients into each cavity.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 35-40 minutes till squash is tender.
Yum,Yum Delicious, made it just like it said, Used REAL maple syrup. Thank you for a delicious recipe. It is a keeper.
This is a great recipe. I loved the pecans in this. I make squash similar to this all the time but can't remember putting the syrup and the brown sugar together before. Anyway, it is delicious and I recommend it to anyone. Thanks for posting!