Recipe by Aroostook
These little hummers are enough to make your mouth water while they are cooking. Prep time does not include marinade time for waterchestnuts. (Scallop season opened last week just in time for Christmas. Horray!! =)
- 1 (2 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 12 large scallops, halved
- 1 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate waterchestnut in maple syrup and soy sauce for 3 hours or longer.
- Cut scallops in half along their"equators".
- Place scallop half on a half slice of bacon.
- Top with one waterchestnut.
- Bring bacon ends up over and secure with toothpick.
- Tip the scallops on their sides on a baking sheet.
- Broil 3 minutes.
- Tip scallops upright and broil until done (about three more minutes.).