Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
"Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix" The perfect sweet and savory breakfast side dish.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced into small pieces
- 24 ounces Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, separated
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon pieces until crisp. Remove from skillet. Reserve the bacon fat.
- Place potatoes into a large bowl.
- Add egg yolks, 1 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 of the cooked bacon.
- Mix well.
- With a pastry brush, brush the insides of a 6 cup jumbo muffin tin with some of the reserved bacon fat.
- Divide potato mixture between the 6 cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the 6 puffs with the remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake an extra 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the puffs are pulling slightly away from the edges of the pan.
- Serve each Maple Bacon Tater Puff with 1 to 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
This is so easy to make and so delicious! Very flavorful. Who doesn't love bacon?? Awesome recipe.
Very easy to make
Easy to make and serve.