1 hr 22 mins
Jennifer Lester Mulridge's Note:
Makes 6-8. (Recipe taken from VanillaGarlic.com) Maple Syrup Frosting 4 tablespoons butter 2 tablespoons Grade B maple syrup 1 cup of powdered sugar Combine the syrup and butter until combined. Add the sugar, a bit at a time, and whip at high speeds until combined. Pipe or spread onto cupcakes. Sprinkle on flake salt and turbinado sugar or top with crispy shards of bacon for decoration and a lot of added flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon bacon drippings (left in the fridge to become solid)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons grade b maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup minced bacon, cooked and drained (extra for garnish, if desired)
- 11) Cook some bacon in a fry pan (about 6 thick strips). Reserve the drippings and place in the fridge to solidify. Mince 1/4 a cup of the bacon. The chef should eat whatever is left to assure that the bacon is tasty.
- 22) Beat the crud out of the butter and solidified bacon fat 'till light and creamy. Add the brown sugar and maple syrup and beat well until combined.
- 33) Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
- 44) Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and powder together. Seriously, do it. You want a fine crumb for this recipe.
- 55) Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix, then 1/2 of the milk, then continue to alternate the dry and wet ingredients, ending with the dry. Mix until just combined. Fold in the bacon.
- 66) Scoop into cupcake papers and bake at 350 F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Be sure to rotate the pan after the first 15 minutes for even baking.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Bacon Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.7
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 45.0 mg
- Sodium 557.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g