Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Makes 6-8. (Recipe taken from VanillaGarlic.com) Maple Syrup Frosting 4 tablespoons butter 2 tablespoons Grade B maple syrup 1 cup of powdered sugar Combine the syrup and butter until combined. Add the sugar, a bit at a time, and whip at high speeds until combined. Pipe or spread onto cupcakes. Sprinkle on flake salt and turbinado sugar or top with crispy shards of bacon for decoration and a lot of added flavor.
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 tablespoon bacon drippings (left in the fridge to become solid)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons grade b maple syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup minced bacon, cooked and drained (extra for garnish, if desired)
- 1) Cook some bacon in a fry pan (about 6 thick strips). Reserve the drippings and place in the fridge to solidify. Mince 1/4 a cup of the bacon. The chef should eat whatever is left to assure that the bacon is tasty.
- 2) Beat the crud out of the butter and solidified bacon fat 'till light and creamy. Add the brown sugar and maple syrup and beat well until combined.
- 3) Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
- 4) Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and powder together. Seriously, do it. You want a fine crumb for this recipe.
- 5) Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix, then 1/2 of the milk, then continue to alternate the dry and wet ingredients, ending with the dry. Mix until just combined. Fold in the bacon.
- 6) Scoop into cupcake papers and bake at 350 F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Be sure to rotate the pan after the first 15 minutes for even baking.