1/3 Photos of Maple Bacon Cupcakes
This tastes like the Maple bacon doughnut at Voodoo doughnut in Portland Oregan.. it is the ultimate combination of salty and sweet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11) Cook some bacon in a fry pan (about 6 thick strips). Reserve the drippings and place in the fridge to solidify. Mince 1/4 a cup of the bacon. The chef should eat whatever is left to assure that the bacon is tasty.
- 22) Beat the crud out of the butter and solidified bacon fat 'till light and creamy. Add the brown sugar and maple syrup and beat well until combined.
- 33) Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
- 44) Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and powder together.
- 55) Add some of the flour and mix, then some of the milk, then continue to alternate the dry and wet ingredients, ending with the dry. Mix until just combined. Fold in the bacon. Taste and add more maple syrup, flour, or milk if needed for desired taste. Keep in mind the maple frosting is very sweet, and to add in very small increments for alterations as maple syrup in large amounts can break a cake batter.
- 66) Scoop into cupcake papers and bake at 350 F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Be sure to rotate the pan after the first 15 minutes for even baking.
- 7Maple Syrup frosting.
- 8What You'll Need --
- 94 tablespoons of butter.
- 102 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- 111 cup of powdered sugar.
- 12turbinado sugar (optional, but recommended).
- 13coarse grain sea salt (optional, but recommended).
- 14What You'll Do --
- 15Combine the syrup and butter until combined. Add the sugar, a bit at a time, and whip at high speeds until combined. Pipe or spread onto cupcakes. Sprinkle on sea salt and turbinado sugar for decoration and a lot of added flavor.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Bacon Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.6
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 60.4 mg
- Sodium 720.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g