Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The most flavorful and decadent corn muffins you'll ever taste!
- 4 ounces bacon
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400*. Heat a skillet to medium-high. Chop the bacon and cook until slightly crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set the skillet aside.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients. Whisk in the milk and eggs, followed by the melted butter, maple syrup and ¼ cup bacon grease.
- Stir the bacon pieces back into the mixture.
- Place muffin liners in a 12-cup muffin tin. Evenly divide the mixture into the liners. Bake for 15 minutes—until golden.
- Remove from the muffin tin and serve warm!