Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Different and Delicious. I thought it was even better as leftovers!
Make and share this Maple-Bacon Butternut Squash recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash, seeded, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 ounces hickory smoked bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 16 ounces frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Place squash in a large saucepan and cover with water. Place over high heat and bring to boiling; cook 8-10 minutes or until squash is tender. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Drain skillet leaving 1 tbls drippings. Add onion, cook 5 minutes until tender.
- Add squash, corn and maple syrup; cook 4 mintues until heated through. Toss in bacon, stir.
- Season with fresh ground pepper, sprinkle with parskey and serve.