Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
Found this in Family Circle magazine November 2013. Want to put here for safe keeping.
- 226.79 g maple bacon, diced
- 907.18 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml pure maple syrup
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook bacon til crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the same pan, pour off all but 3 tbsp of the bacon fat (if not enough fat, add canola oit to compensate). Add Brussels sprouts and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour in heavy cream; reduce by half, about 3 minutes. Stir in cooked bacon, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Cook 2 more minutes, until Brussels sprouts are tender and sauce has thickened.