Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
Found this in Family Circle magazine November 2013. Want to put here for safe keeping.
- 8 ounces maple bacon, diced
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook bacon til crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the same pan, pour off all but 3 tbsp of the bacon fat (if not enough fat, add canola oit to compensate). Add Brussels sprouts and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour in heavy cream; reduce by half, about 3 minutes. Stir in cooked bacon, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Cook 2 more minutes, until Brussels sprouts are tender and sauce has thickened.