Recipe by Bobtail
Don't know why it is called Maple Apples, when there are just as many sweet potatoes in it, but it sounds good. From "Old Timey Recipes" cook book.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 5 medium tart apples
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup buttered bread crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sweet potatoes in their jackets in salted water.
- Pare and slice apples and place in maple syrup.
- Add butter, pinch of salt and cook until apples are tender.
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes.
- Place 1/2 of the sweet potatoe slices in a buttered baking dish.
- Pour 1/2 apple syrup mixture over potatoes.
- Repeat layers.
- Top generously with buttered crumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees till heated through and topping is brown.