Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A nice change from BBQ ribs, these are sweet and succulent. You could cut the ribs up and make appetizers from this recipe, also!
- Heat oven to 450 F degrees.
- Place ribs, meaty side down, on large shallow pan and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine syrup, jelly, soy sauce, chives, and dry mustard in a small saucepan and cook over low heat about 10 minutes until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Reduce oven temp to 350 F degrees and remove ribs from oven.
- Drain liquid from ribs, turn them meaty side up, and brush syrup mixture onto them.
- Continue baking uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- Brush the ribs with more syrup mixture, and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes until ribs are tender and glaze is set.
What a wonderful change from the common 'bbq sauce' recipes. This glaze is fantastic, and not as sweet as you might think. I did sprinkle a bit of seasoning on the ribs before the first cooking stage, but that was the only change to the recipe I made. While it was baking with the glaze, I found it was dripping off and burning in the pan. I then put the ribs on a wire rack and suspended it over a pan of water. Worked like a charm. The ribs could be glazed over and over without fear of the sugar burning. I can't believe no one has taken the opportunity to give this a try in the 8 years it's been posted. Terri, this is fabulous. Thanks :) Honoured to make this as a "Thank You" for voting for Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia in the 2010 Kraft Hockeyville Competition.