Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from the website of our local Byerly's grocery stores. It's a perfect fall dessert, using apples, nuts, and maple syrup. Wonderful!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box white cake mix (without pudding)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled finely chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
For maple drizzle
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- In large mixer bowl, combine first eight ingredients.
- Mix at low speed about 1 minute; beat at medium speed about 2 minutes.
- Fold in apples and pecans.
- Fill each hole in well-greased mini-bundt pans (12 capacity) with 1/2 cup batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean (23 to 26 minutes).
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes; invert onto cooling rack.
- Prepare Maple Drizzle by combining 1 cup pure maple syrup and 1/2 cup chopped pecans in a small microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high until hot (30 to 45 seconds).
- Poke holes in cakes with skewer or long tined fork; slowly pour drizzle over cakes.
- Note: Because I didn't have mini-bundt pans, I made mine in large cupcake pans, using paper liners.
- They baked in the same amount of time and made the same number.
- I kept them in the pans while drizzling with the syrup, just to avoid wasting any of that good stuff.