Recipe by Prncespms
I found this recipe on the back of the Country Choice Organic Oven Toasted Oats container. I followed all of the directions except I used a 9X13 in baking pan and added 1/8 cup of ground flax meal for extra fiber. My kids couldn't tell the difference and LOVED it! A very yummy source of whold grain fiber. It states that you can substitute peaches or pears for the apples but the next time I am going to try comblining fruits.
- 6 cups peeled thinly sliced organic apples (substitute peaches or pears for the apples) or 6 -8 medium apples (substitute peaches or pears for the apples)
- 1⁄2 cup organic dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon organic ground nutmeg
- 1 cup country choice organic quick oats or 1 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup organic flour
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons organic butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil an 8-inch square glass baking dish or 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- 2. In a large bowl toss the apple slices together iwth the dried cranberries, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread evenly in the baking dish.
- 3. Prepare topping by mixing the oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt together. Add the melted butter and stir until evenly moistened. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- 4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the fruit is tender.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.