Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the can of Country Choice Organic Oven Toasted Oats from Trader Joes. I changed it a little to make it healthier, everyone loves it in my house!
- 5 thinly sliced apples
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup (the REAL stuff!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄3 cups quick oats (uncooked) or 1 1⁄3 cups old fashioned oats (uncooked)
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven at 375°F, use an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In the baking dish, toss the apples, the maple syrup, the vanilla, the cinnamon and the nutmeg. Spread evenly in the dish.
- Prepare topping by mixing oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the softened butter and mix until evenly moistened. Spread evenly on the apples.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 10-15 minutes serve alone or with ice cream, enjoy!