Recipe by KelBel
Adapted this from a camping recipe. This is a delicious combination. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. YUM! Note: In place of cinnamon, you can use sweet spice mixture # 164342.
- 5 granny smith apples
- 20 refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut, peel, core and slice apples into 8 wedges. Cut each biscuit in half and form around each individual apple wedge.
- Melt butter and mix sugar and water all together in an oven proof casserole.
- Put biscuit/apples carefully into hot liquid using tongs, submerging them into the liquid.
- Drizzle maple syrup on top.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, or my sweet spice mixture # 164342.
- Cook in Dutch oven for about 40-50 minutes.