Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I had just prepared Nurse Di's Rhubarb Apple Crumble (which also has maple syrup in the recipe) when i came across this one at Canadian Living Magazines website,hopefully it is as tasty! Use apples that hold their shape well such as Golden delicious, Idared, Granny Smith, Northern Spy.
- 6 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1 (300 g) package frozen blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In large bowl,toss apples, blueberries,sugar, flour,lemon juice& cinnamon.
- Spread in an 8x8 inch square baking dish.
- Topping: In bowl combine brown sugar,flour, oats,& cinnamon,pour in maple syrup& butter,toss until moistened.
- Sprinkle over fruit and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until golden& fruit is fork tender.
- Let cool on rack for 15 minutes.
Rhonda the topping is great. I didn't have apples so I used Uncle Bill's #18053 filling. I will be sure to make it with apples. Sounds great. Thank you! Peggy
Just might be the BEST crisp topping I have ever had!
Cut back the sugar a bit on the filling, and added some extra oatmeal to the topping... awesome!
Added about 500g blueberries. This was fantastic. The crumble was really something special with the maple syrup. Definitely making this again!