Recipe by Rhonda *J*
I had just prepared Nurse Di's Rhubarb Apple Crumble (which also has maple syrup in the recipe) when i came across this one at Canadian Living Magazines website,hopefully it is as tasty! Use apples that hold their shape well such as Golden delicious, Idared, Granny Smith, Northern Spy.
- 6 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1 (300 g) package frozen blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl,toss apples, blueberries,sugar, flour,lemon juice& cinnamon.
- Spread in an 8x8 inch square baking dish.
- Topping: In bowl combine brown sugar,flour, oats,& cinnamon,pour in maple syrup& butter,toss until moistened.
- Sprinkle over fruit and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until golden& fruit is fork tender.
- Let cool on rack for 15 minutes.