Recipe by Sharon123
A nutritious and delicious way to start the morning, this oatmeal offers calcium, vitamin E, fiber, magnesium and potassium
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick oats (or old fashioned oats)
- 1 cup almond milk (use amount desired.....or soy milk or cow's milk)
- 1 granny smith apple, diced (or apple of choice)
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds, roasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water and salt to a rolling boil.
- Stir in oats, reduce heat to medium and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. (If using old fashioned oats, cook a 3-5 minutes).
- If you would like your apples slightly cooked, add to oatmeal about halfway through cooking time.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let sit 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with milk, diced apple, sliced almonds and maple syrup.
- To roast almonds, spread in an ungreased baking pan.
- Place in a 350ºF oven and bake 7-10 minutes or until almonds are fragrant; stir once or twice to get an even browning. Almonds will continue to roast slightly after removing from oven.