Recipe by ladypit
A few years ago a dear friend gave me and Advent calender. In the box for each day she had put one of her favorite recipes. This was in 3 and we really enjoyed it this year for Christmas dinner!
Top Review by lolablitz
What a fabulous and easy recipe! I had a bag of skinny smaller parsnips from our CSA, but didn't have 2 lbs, so I used about a pound of carrots. I think they complimented the parsnips nicely! So easy and so elegant, thanks for the awesome recipe, ladypit!
- 2 lbs parsnips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and peel the parsnips and then chop them into evenly sized pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the parsnips, salt, and oil.
- Put on a baking sheet and toast until tender (which usually takes 30-45 minutes). Mix them up about every 8 to 10 minutes.
- When they are tender, drizzle with the vinegar and maple syrup. Mix up and then bake until brown, about 5 minutes.
- If desired, season with some pepper.