Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
My children loved this chicken dish. It's easy and delicious. I think it is from BBC Good Food magazine. The times are approximate as you can, if you wish, leave them in the marinade for up to two days.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1 grated orange, zest of
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Make several diagonal slashes across each chicken breast.
- Tip the other ingredients into a wide, shallow bowl and swirl them together until everything is well mixed. Add the chicken breasts and turn them in the mixture until they are evenly coated.
- At this point, you can cover the dish with cling film and chill the chicken for up to two days but it's also fine to cook them straight away.
- Preheat the grill or light the barbecue. Cook the chicken for 5 - 6 minutes each side, turning once and brushing or spooning over more marinade as you go, until the chicken is browned and glossy.