Recipe by MarieRynr
I got this recipe from a book called "101 Low Fat Feasts". I have made it several times, adapting it to my own tastes and it is delicious!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use 8 chicken thighs)
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 grated orange, zest of
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pick any visible fat from off the chicken and wash and dry.
- Dredge the pieces of chicken in the seasoned flour, patting to remove excess flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Pan fry the chicken, presentation side first, in the hot olive oil until nicely browned on both sides.
- While the chicken is browning, combine the remaining ingredients in a measuring cup.
- Remove the browned chicken from the pan and place in a shallow casserole dish.
- Add the sauce ingredients, scraping to deglaze the pan, then pour over the chicken in the dish.
- Bake in a 350*F oven for 20 minutes until nicely glazed and the chicken is cooked through.