Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ok, I know... Yuck! I don't know many people who actually like brussel sprouts, but I guarantee you that even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy these. They are both savory and sweet. Reminds me of a sweet coleslaw flavor.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add sprouts and cook and stir for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Cook 8 minutes, or until sprouts are tender and sauce has reduced to a thick glaze; removing lid after 5 minutes.
This is so yummy. The only difference I did was that I halved the brussels sprouts. Thanks hollyberry :) Made for the Best of 2010 tag games
Loved these when I made them for a regular dinner, so I added chopped fresh cranberries to it for holiday meals and it was even better! It made a beautiful presentation and the tart berries were a nice balance to the sweetness.I will try dried cranberries in it throughout the year when cranberries are not fresh.
This was perfect and was prepared as written. Was quite a hit at our little dinner party last night, too. Posting the menu here so I don't forget for next time: pork chops with Recipe #323184, Recipe #310098 and Recipe #426649. Thank you-I'll probably make this again around the Holidays.