Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the SF Chronicle (2/7/07)... They write "This light-as-air pancake makes a lovely breakfast or brunch dish or light dessert."
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat egg yolks until thick and pale, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in maple syrup and sour cream.
- In another mixing bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold whites into yolk mixture.
- Melt butter in an 8- to 9-inch nonstick skillet with an ovenproof handle.
- Sprinkle almonds over bottom.
- Spoon egg mixture over.
- Cook over low heat until sides begin to brown and the underside is golden when lifted with a spatula, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn the almonds.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until top is puffed and browned.
- If necessary, loosen sides with a thin spatula. Slide omelet onto serving plate, flipping top half over bottom to fold in half.
- Serve with additional syrup.