What's Cooking?'s Note:
From the SF Chronicle (2/7/07)... They write "This light-as-air pancake makes a lovely breakfast or brunch dish or light dessert."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a small mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat egg yolks until thick and pale, about 3 minutes.
- 3Mix in maple syrup and sour cream.
- 4In another mixing bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold whites into yolk mixture.
- 5Melt butter in an 8- to 9-inch nonstick skillet with an ovenproof handle.
- 6Sprinkle almonds over bottom.
- 7Spoon egg mixture over.
- 8Cook over low heat until sides begin to brown and the underside is golden when lifted with a spatula, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn the almonds.
- 9Transfer pan to oven and bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until top is puffed and browned.
- 10If necessary, loosen sides with a thin spatula. Slide omelet onto serving plate, flipping top half over bottom to fold in half.
- 11Serve with additional syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Almond Souffle Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.6
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 337.8 mg
- Sodium 155.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 12.3 g