Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Comes from Cooking Light, with some modifications.
- 4 cups oats
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine water, honey, syrup, sugar and oil in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. (Careful this will boil quickly!).
- Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat. Spread oat mixtrue on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 for 35 minutes or until golden, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Stir in cherries and raisins. Allow to cool on the pan.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
I really loved this! I used sugar free maple syrup (sweetened with Splenda), left out the cherries & almonds. Next time I'll use the raisins, but for some reason I just wanted something sweet & plain! I also used Splenda brown sugar. I burned the 1st batch because 30 min was WAY too long for my oven-so the next one I made I only baked for 18 minutes-much better! Thank u for sharing this.