Recipe by Saguaro
If you can find it, grade b maple syrup has a stronger flavor. Add dried fruit to taste if you like after cooling. Watch carefully and stir often towards the end of the cooking time, or the coconut may get too brown.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups almonds, chopped coarsely
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl; stir.
- Add oil and maple syrup. Stir well.
- Line a half sheet pan with a silpat or parchment.
- Spread granola evenly onto the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, stirring after the first 15 minutes and again every 5 minutes or so thereafter.
- Let cool completely.