Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you can find it, grade b maple syrup has a stronger flavor. Add dried fruit to taste if you like after cooling. Watch carefully and stir often towards the end of the cooking time, or the coconut may get too brown.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups almonds, chopped coarsely
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl; stir.
- Add oil and maple syrup. Stir well.
- Line a half sheet pan with a silpat or parchment.
- Spread granola evenly onto the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, stirring after the first 15 minutes and again every 5 minutes or so thereafter.
- Let cool completely.
This was fantastic!!! I used sliced almonds and unsweetened coconut. I will definitely make this again and it will likely become a favorite. Great for almond lovers!