Recipe by Nat Da Brat
You might not be able to stop eating these crunchy, delicately spiced, maple syrup-coated peanuts. They hit the spot with a nice dark beer while watching the game. This was copied from Foodtv.ca (recipe by Lynne Valeriote)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place peanuts into a large bowl.
- Pour maple syrup and allspice into a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a simmer and turn off heat and let cool slightly.
- Pour warm maple syrup mixture over peanuts in the bowl and stir with a wooden spoon to coat peanuts thoroughly.
- With a slotted spoon scoop peanuts from bowl and place into sieve and partially drain over the bowl while transferring peanuts onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Repeat process until the baking sheet is full of nuts.
- Place any extra nuts on a second baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet (s) in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until mixture has darkened in colour.
- Be careful to watch that the nuts don't burn- the maple syrup will caramelize and burn easily, so it must be checked frequently.
- Pull the nuts from the oven and transfer onto a single layer of parchment on a counter and let cool.
- With a metal spatula, loosen the nuts from the paper and store in a fun bowl for eating right way or in an airtight container if making in advance.