Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe on Allrecipes.com by Nancy. The dressing is unique, and I've changed the veggies to our taste. Please feel free to play with them, but keep the dressing...it's KILLER.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 eggs, hardboiled and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green peppers or 1 cup red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- Place lettuce in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Layer each of the vegetables on top.
- Mix mayonnaise, brown sugar, garlic powder and curry powder.
- Spread on top of last vegetable layer.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, then bacon bits.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
this makes a beautiful salad. i made it in a trifle bowl so you could see all the colorful veggies. the dressing was like the icing on the cake
After reading rave reviews at allrecipes.com and here, I made this salad for Easter dinner and it was a disappointment. Even though I crisped the lettuce ahead of time, the shredded lettuce went limp almost immediately. The dressing was tasty - but I increased the garlic, curry and Parmesan or it would have been bland. If I made it again, I would use torn Romain lettuce instead of shredded Iceberg.
Very good! I made as directed and really enjoyed it! Served with a chile relleno bake, it was just right. Thank you! Made for the Zaar Stars game.