Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
MMM, MMM, good!! What else can I say? A personal recipe
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced Italian parsley
- 2 cups soft white bread cubes
- 3 slices bacon
- In large bowl mix together: meats, onions, herbs and spices and soy sauce.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream; mix in meat mixture.
- Mix in bread cubes.
- Place into 10x13 inch dish and gently form into long loaf 4 1/2 to 5 inches wide.
- Stir together BBQ sauce and ketchup; slather on top of loaf.
- Lay bacon across top width-wise.
- Bake about 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with mushroom gravy if desired.
This was certinally very diffrent from the meatloaf we are used to, at least ingredient wise. It seems like theres alot going on but it all blended together very well in the finished product. I will admit I was weirded out by sour cream being called for but I didnt taste it at all, it mostly just helped make it moist I guess lol. I used onion powder as I dont like onions, mixed in a few tbsp of ketchup and worcheshire sauce in with the meat, and I also used all beef as we dont have ground pork. All the same this was a very tastey recipe and this is the first meatloaf recipe that might have a chance at replacing mine. Honestly the only other change I would make next time is to put more bacon on the top, because it tasted so good that everyone picked off their peice and ate it first and were sad there was no more. Thanks for the awesome recipe LizAnn